Weight loss nutrition counselling to help transform your body into the BEST version it can be through our non-dieting, whole foods approach.
At NutritionRx, we believe that having a healthy body is an unbelievable gift, and is often something that people take for granted until it’s gone. Feeling energetic, fit, joyfully nourished with real foods, and comfortable in your own skin are all things we deserve to have in life.
Many people struggle for years with on-again-off-again dieting, exercising, and fighting with their inner critic and self-doubting voice. It’s exhausting, and can make you feel like you’re going around in circles, resulting in frustration, defeat, and feeling that things are too broken to be fixed. Instead of having a sense of confidence and control, it feels like food controls you, and takes up more time and energy than it really should.
We totally get it – despite knowing what to do, sometimes it’s the actual doing part that gets tricky. Stress, lack of sleep, being busy, feeling over-committed, meeting deadlines for school and work, and taking care of family members are all real-life challenges that can interfere with even the best of intentions to eat healthy and stick with an exercise routine.
To top it off, it’s hard to know what is the right advice to follow, with so much conflicting information being shared, and not nearly enough hours to research right from wrong, helpful vs. bad advice.
Or, perhaps you feel silly reaching out for help to improve your eating habits. Maybe you already know exactly what you need to do and you’ve been walking the talk for years with good nutrition and regular exercise, yet things have stopped working and you are not quite sure what else is left to change or improve. You feel stuck, but you can’t put your finger on why the progress has slowed or completely stopped.
That’s where we come in. At NutritionRx, our approach is to support you each step of the way, and believe that fitness and good nutrition are for everyone. It doesn’t matter what you look like, where you are starting from, or how far you think you have to go. We take a personalized approach with each client, and morph our non-dieting Nutrition Counselling Packages into what you need the most help with. We frequently discuss inter-connected issues such as:
- PROACTIVE APPROACH: Organizing your life to cook more nutritious meals at home to feel set-up for success by planning out healthy food choices in advance.
- ENVIRONMENT DESIGN: Changing the environment around you to limit exposure to unhealthy options while making the healthier choices quick, easy, and more accessible.
- MEAL PLANNING: Developing better and more sustainable strategies for your grocery shopping and meal/snack planning routine. Instead of “giving you a fish” (i.e. handing out generic meal plans that are quickly tossed aside because they are boring, unrealistic, and unsustainable), we believe in teaching our clients the “skill of fishing” so they become independent and successful in the long-run. This includes helping you to develop the necessary skills that support life-long healthy eating habits, such as:
- Learning to eat slowly and mindfully
- Listening to hunger and satiety cues
- Planning your meals and grocery shopping
- Selecting healthy items at the store
- Cooking and preparing nutritious foods to support your lifestyle
- Limiting exposure to problematic foods
- Choosing better options when eating out at restaurants
- Improving resiliency and the ability to make “the best choice possible” when conditions for healthy eating and exercise become unfavourable (e.g. when you get sick, are highly stressed, busy, travelling, etc.)
- CREATIVE IDEAS: Helping you to come up with new healthy ideas to get out of a food rut and make your meal and snack choices more exciting.
- BREAKING UNPRODUCTIVE PATTERNS: Exploring your history and relationship with food, exercise, and body image, and helping you get to the most positive place possible where you feel balanced, happy, and healthy (most of the time) and that you’re not stuck on a diet for eternity. We don’t look at past mistakes as failures, but as learning opportunities to help you know yourself better and guide more positive actions in the present.
- DISORDERED EATING RECOVERY: Working through disordered eating issues and a preoccupation with food, weight, and appearance, as well as challenging internal negative self-talk. This includes recovery treatment from anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, EDNOS, orthorexia, exercise addiction, or simply improving the relationship you have with food and the role it plays in your life.
- EMOTIONAL & STRESS EATING: We help our clients sort through which thoughts, feelings, and emotions trap them in unproductive patterns that may be holding them back from accomplishing their long-term goals.
- SPORTS NUTRITION: Lastly, we look at your eating habits and how they support living a physically active lifestyle, and help determine your personalized nutrition needs to maximize performance and recovery from exercise.
Healthy eating and weight loss can feel complex and overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Let us guide you step-by-step with proven strategies, a supportive coaching relationship, and a 1-on-1 focus and personalization to help you gain life-long healthy habits that help you look and feel your very best.
We’ve worked with thousands of people for nutrition counselling both in-person in our London, Ontario office and via phone, Skype, or FaceTime for our out-of-town clients, and our raving fans have left glowing Google Reviews sharing stories of how their lives have been transformed from this investment in their health and wellbeing.
If you have read this far, it’s clear that you are a motivated individual and that you’re doing your due diligence to research the best fit to help you achieve your goals. We have all procrastinated in the past and have failed to take action on something that’s important to us, which costs us time, money, and regret that sets us back on the progress we could have made had we committed ourselves sooner. Or maybe you’ve come close to taking action but stopped yourself because of the financial commitment, because let’s face it, we all have to work within a budget. But there is always a difference between a purchase and an investment. With a purchase, the value usually goes down, so regardless of what you spend – whether you can afford it or not – it’s never going to appreciate or justify its value.
But with an investment – like this is – what you spend always justifies itself and ends up either saving you money in the long run or paying for itself month after month. When you work with a nutrition professional to improve your eating habits, prepare more nutritious food at home, eat out less, and minimize your risk of chronic disease, you gain the giant reward of feeling more energetic, productive, confident, and healthy in your day-to-day activities. And it always makes sense to invest in yourself and your long-term health, wouldn’t you agree?
So, if you’re ready to take the next step and are interested in working with us for 1-on-1 nutrition coaching…
take a look at our Nutrition Packages & Rates and/or email email@example.com for more information and to set up your first appointment with us. We look forward to building a strong and supportive relationship to help you reach your goals!
-Jennifer Broxterman & The NutritionRx Team