A tasty bar packed with fibre and healthy fats, making it a great choice to keep you satisfied between meals or after a workout. Wrap them in saran wrap and store in the freezer for an easy on-the-go snack!
Download a printable PDF of the recipe here: Oatmeal Pumpkin Flax Coconut Bars
|Rolled oats||2.5 cups||625 mL|
|Unsweetened shredded coconut||1 cup||250 mL|
|Chopped raw almonds||½ cup||125 mL|
|Dried cranberries||½ cup||125 mL|
|Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips||½ cup||125 mL|
|Whole wheat flour or oat flour||1/3 cup||83 mL|
|Ground flaxseed||¼ cup||63 mL|
|Ground cinnamon||1 tsp||5 mL|
|Canned pumpkin puree||¾ cup||175 mL|
|Honey||½ cup||125 mL|
|Butter, melted||¼ cup||63 mL|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp||5 mL|
*To make the recipe gluten-free, use GF certified oats and instead of whole wheat flour, make your own GF oat flour by blending 1 cup of rolled oats in your food processor until they are ground to a super-fine consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, coconut, almonds, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, flour, flaxseed and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix together the pumpkin, honey, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread mixture into pan and pack firmly.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and cut into 16 bars.
Makes 16 servings (64 g /serving). 1 serving = 1 bar
Adapted From: Looney Spoons Cookbook
Prepared By: Jennifer Broxterman, Registered Dietitian & Chelsea Allan, BScH Foods & Nutrition student
NutritionRx ● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ● Phone: (519) 520-9549 ● Website: www.nutritionrx.ca