Mornings can be busy. On busy days, these make-ahead overnight oats are lifesavers. Prep five of them at once on a Sunday night so you have breakfast for the whole week. Use a Mason jars or portable Tupperware containers so you can easily grab one as you run out of the door.
Printable PDF of the recipe: Apple Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
|Rolled oats, uncooked||2 ½ cups||525 mL|
|Milk, 1%||2 ½ cups||525 mL|
|Vanilla||2 ½ tsp||12.5 mL|
|Cinnamon, ground||2 ½ tsp||12.5 mL|
|Hemp hearts||1/3 cup||70 mL|
|Chia seeds||5 Tbsp||75 mL|
|Peanut butter, natural||1/3 cup||70 mL|
|Apple, cored and cubed||3 each||3 each|
Optional: for extra sweetness, add in 5 Tbsp of brown sugar (1 Tbsp per mason jar) when batch prepping this recipe.
- Wash and dry 5 mason jars and lids.
- Split the rolled oats by dividing ½ cup into each of the 5 mason jars.
- Divide the milk (½ cup each), vanilla (½ tsp each), cinnamon (½ tsp each), hemp hearts (1 Tbsp each), chia seeds (1 Tbsp each), peanut butter (1 Tbsp each), and brown sugar (1 Tbsp each, if desired) into the 5 mason jars.
- Stir each of the mason jars to combine the ingredients evenly.
- Divide the apple between the jars.
- Tightly seal the mason jars with lids and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Makes 5 servings (287 g /serving). 1 serving = 1 Mason jar
Prepared By: Samantha Penlington, Registered Nurse & Nutritionist
NutritionRx ● Email: email@example.com ● Phone: (519) 520-9549 ● Website: www.nutritionrx.ca