Student Mentorship Opportunities
Are you a highly motivated, dependable, and professional Foods & Nutrition undergraduate student looking for an amazing volunteer opportunity to enhance your résumé and gain experience working closely with a Registered Dietitian? Each year, NutritionRx requires a team of dedicated volunteers to come on board as Clinical Nutrition Assistants to assist with a variety of nutrition-related tasks, including:
- Computerized Diet Analysis working with ESHA Food Processor SQL
- Nutrition handout development
- Recipe analysis and development
- Newsletter writing
- Creation of educational nutrition displays
- Self-directed nutrition projects
All training will be provided by a Registered Dietitian or Senior Nutrition Volunteer. In return for your time commitment, you’ll have the opportunity to sit in and observe client counselling sessions and will gain valuable clinical experience in preparation for a dietetic internship. A Letter of Reference will also be provided upon request.
If you are willing to commit 2-5 hours/week for a 4-month volunteer term, we are interested in hearing from you. Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited to five volunteer contracts per 4-month term.
3 Application Periods Per Year
- April 1-30: for May, June, July, and August 4-month volunteer term
- August 1-31: for September, October, November, and December 4-month volunteer term
- December 1-31: for January, February, March, and April 4-month volunteer term
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN: New volunteer applications are currently being accepted between August 1-31 for consideration for the fall term (September – December). Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by the deadline to be considered for an interview.