Student Mentorship Opportunities
Are you a highly motivated, dependable, and professional Foods & Nutrition undergraduate student looking for an amazing volunteer opportunity to enhance your résumé and gain experience working closely with a Registered Dietitian? Each year, NutritionRx requires a team of dedicated volunteers to come on board as Clinical Nutrition Assistants to assist with a variety of nutrition-related tasks, including:
- Computerized Diet Analysis working with ESHA Food Processor SQL
- Nutrition handout development
- Recipe analysis and development
- Newsletter writing
- Creation of educational nutrition displays
- Self-directed nutrition projects
All training will be provided by a Registered Dietitian or Senior Nutrition Volunteer. In return for your time commitment, you’ll have the opportunity to sit in and observe client counselling sessions and will gain valuable clinical experience in preparation for a dietetic internship. A Letter of Reference will also be provided upon request.
If you are willing to commit 2-5 hours/week for a 4- to 8-month volunteer term, we are interested in hearing from you. Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Limited to 5 volunteer contracts per term.
2 Application Periods Per Year
- Apply April 1-15: for SUMMER volunteer term (May-August)
- Apply August 1-15: for FALL/WINTER volunteer term (September-April)
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
All student volunteer positions are currently filled for the fall/winter volunteer term. New volunteer applications will next be accepted between April 1-15 for consideration for the summer term (May-August).