- Entrepreneur: small business owner in London, Ontario, Canada
- Instructor at the University of Western Ontario: courses I teach/have taught for the Department of Foods & Nutritional Sciences include FN1021 (Nutrition for Modern Living), FN2121 (Introduction to Human Nutrition), and FN3373B (Nutrition for Physical Activity)
- Athlete: former varsity athlete in ice hockey and rowing, current CrossFit athlete
- Personal Bests: 300 lb deadlift, 220 lb back squat, 172 lb clean, 7:16 min 2k erg score, 1:09 min 400m sprint, 41 unbroken (kipping) pullups, 160 unbroken double unders, 44″ box jump, 8 unbroken muscle ups, OUA gold medalist (rowing), CU gold medalist (rowing), Head of the Charles gold medalist (rowing), OUA silver medalist (hockey), CrossFit Sectionals bronze medalist (CrossFit)
- Researcher: research interests and publications include breast cancer therapy and prediabetes/Type 2 diabetes prevention
- Dog lover: I have a black lab named Carly that I adore spending time with
Jennifer Broxterman is passionate about good food and leading a healthy, active, and balanced lifestyle. Her desire to empower others to reach their health and nutrition goals lead to the creation of NutritionRx, a professional nutrition consulting practice that strives to provide clients with the knowledge, skills, and individualized solutions they require to look, feel, and perform their very best.
As CEO and lead dietitian, Jennifer has adopted a “non-dieting” philosophy within her nutrition business that encourages clients to become intuitive eaters and in touch with their bodies’ natural hunger and satiety cues to achieve a healthy weight. In today’s hectic and stressful world, Jennifer enjoys sharing practical, time-efficient tips that makes healthy eating the “easy choice” and believes it’s all about setting yourself up for success with a few good habits!
Jennifer’s educational background includes a Bachelor of Science from Queen’s University with a specialization in Life Sciences. She has a second Honours Bachelor of Science from Brescia University College at the University of Western Ontario, specializing in Foods and Nutrition. Jennifer completed her comprehensive dietetic internship at one of Canada’s largest teaching hospitals, London Health Sciences Centre, to become a Registered Dietitian. She is an active member of Dietitians of Canada and the College of Dietitians of Ontario. Since becoming a dietitian, Jennifer has also completed her Masters of Science specializing in Foods and Nutrition at the University of Western Ontario. Currently, on top of running NutritionRx as a dietitian, Jennifer also teaches at the University of Western Ontario / Brescia University College as a Professor for the Department of Foods & Nutritional Sciences.
A fitness enthusiast and former university varsity athlete in rowing and ice hockey, Jennifer incorporates her passion and expertise in nutrition and physical fitness into her counselling. She enjoys working with athletes of all levels, and intimately grasps the special demands that high-intensity, high-volume training requires and the impact that sports nutrition can have on performance. Jennifer enjoys staying in shape through running, triathlons, hiking, bike rides, weight lifting, and is an avid CrossFitter. She also loves playing with her black lab Carly.
CrossFit London Owner & Head Coach
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Level 2
- CrossFit Endurance
- CrossFit Powerlifting (westside barbell method)
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting
- CrossFit Mobility & Recovery
- CrossFit Rowing
- CrossFit Judges Course
- Ontario Weightlifting Association (Club Coach)
- NCCP Coach (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Poliquin PICP Level 1
- Poliquin Instant Muscle Strengthen Techniques
- Poliquin Fascial Abrasion Technique
- Infantry Seargent
Chef & Team Canada Lightweight Rower
- Rowing Canada Athlete, 2016 Lightweight Olympic Rower
- University of Western Ontario Graduate (BScH specializing in Kinesiology, Minor in Rehabilitation Sciences)
- The Arts Institute of Vancouver – Culinary Arts candidate
Currently training for the 2016 Olympics as a lightweight rower, Lindsay is permanently based in London, Ontario and loves to use her passion for cooking to create new and exciting dishes for herself and her family and friends. Lindsay’s healthy cooking not only fuels her body for the intense training she undergoes daily, but also helps her to maintain her weight throughout the year. Lindsay has teamed up with NutritionRx to extend her passion and knowledge to others, to help them achieve their health and weight loss goals by eating delicious and nutrient-rich foods. She fully believes that healthy meals do not have to sacrifice flavour, and that you can be just as happy eating something that is really great for your body, as you are eating pre-packaged or convenience foods that many of us have become reliant on. Like Jennifer, Lindsay believes a little planning goes a long way to support healthy eating, and as NutritionRx’s culinary expert, she is here to lend support in your own kitchen to help you batch cook your own nutritious meals and snacks. Lindsay is also happy to pre-cook and drop off fresh, seasonal, local dishes that are packed with taste and nutrition for those who need some extra assistance eating well when time is limited.
Lindsay’s cooking services currently include:
MEAL DELIVERY SERVICE: Let Lindsay do the grocery shopping, food prep, and delivery of delicious meals that fit with your clean eating goals. Two weeks’ worth of pre-prepared fresh meals will be delivered to your door, with meals rotating by season to feature what is fresh and local. Available for pickup or drop-off, Lindsay can make your busy schedule easier by providing quick and easy access to healthy dinners that are ready to go when you get home from work. Contact Lindsay by email for up-to-date seasonal meal options and price list.
COOKING LESSONS & IN-HOME BATCH MEAL PREP: Lindsay is also offering in-home or office cooking lessons, where under a chef’s guidance you will make several healthy dishes together to increase comfort with kitchen basics and learn how batch cooking will save you time and money in your busy work week. Lindsay will instruct you on basic culinary skills, including hands-on knife skills training, caramelizing, browning, deglazing, blanching, roasting, and sautéing. Cooking lessons are offered for $25/hour plus food costs. She will do all the grocery shopping in advance, and is open to suggestion if you have certain meals or foods that you would like to learn how to prepare.
To contact Lindsay, email email@example.com for prices and availability of services.